diversity, equity & inclusion
diversity, equity & inclusion
Arbor Circle is rooted in our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we affirm our responsibility as a community stakeholder to confront systemic racism and other forms of oppression within our community. In 2021, this work is reflected in our efforts to integrate our equity and inclusion goals across the organization at both the staff and Board level:
• Service delivery is culturally responsive, inclusive, and trauma-informed.
• Agency culture is equitable, inclusive, and anti-racist.
• Systemic racism and other forms of oppression within our community are dissolved.
equity & inclusion council & workgroups
Arbor Circle’s Equity and Inclusion Council is comprised of staff at various levels throughout the organization, and provides consultation and feedback to inform organizational decision-making and community-level advocacy. In addition to this group, Arbor Circle has several staff work groups related to specific disparities in our community.
• LEAD (LGBTQ+ Equity, Advocacy, and Diversity) provides education, training, advocacy, outreach, and support for LGBTQ+ staff, clients, and community. This group is inclusive and open to all staff, both LGBTQ+ and allies.
• SAJE (Staff Advocates for Equity & Justice) supports the advancement of equity, inclusion, and justice through advocacy efforts and awareness building.
• SEEDS (Support, Education, Empowerment, Diversity, Strategy) brings together staff of color across the organization for networking, support, professional development, and advocacy to eliminate systemic racism and other forms of oppression.
staff & board development
In 2021, Arbor Circle provided 52 trainings to staff on a variety of clinical and client service topics infused with a focus on equity, inclusion, and cultural competence. In addition to these trainings, each division created and implemented their own Equity and Inclusion Plans, specific to their goals at the program level. Our Board Members also engaged in a series of dialogues focused on anti-racism, engaging in ongoing conversations that define how diversity, equity, and inclusion guide the Board’s leadership, decision-making, and Board Member recruitment strategies.
striving for equity
Arbor Circle has many programs that work to address the health and mental health disparities in the communities we serve, intent on creating more equitable opportunities for positive outcomes. In addition to our commitment to the individuals and families we sere, we are also dedicated to ensuring our staff experience reflects our goals of equity, inclusivity, and anti-racism. In 2021, Arbor Circle:
• Conducted a Pay Equity Analysis and made intentional changes regarding staff compensation.
• Celebrated and commemorated a variety of awareness months and a diverse range of holidays through specific trainings, events, and celebrations.
• Held a quarterly Equity Book Club, with books exploring diverse authors and books centered on themes of equity.
• Sponsored and participated in a variety of community events through the lens of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
staff & board diversity