- This event has passed.
Building Resilience for Human Service Professionals
September 29 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Resilience for Human Service Providers – Preventing Secondary Trauma & Burnout and building individual resilience. This training provides an understanding of the causes of Compassion Fatigue, Burnout and Secondary Traumatic Stress (STS); with the goal of reducing worker burn-out for human service professionals.
The Training will run from 9am to 12pm with a special supervisor session from 1pm to 2pm. Any person supervising others is welcome to come to the special session. Additional CEUS will be provided. Click here to register.
- Define compassion fatigue, burn out, and secondary traumatic stress (STS), the causes and how to prevent them.
- Identify at least 5 strategies to reduce the negative impacts of these concerns
- Describe at least 2 strategies supervisors can use to support staff from developing STS
- Develop a personalized plan for self care
- Explore systemic issues to address these concerns
Who should attend: human service professionals, educators, interested community members.
Supervisory Session will talk about practical applications for preventing burnout for yourself as a supervisor and for preventing burnout with your staff.
Social Work and MCBAP CEUs available for $8. The training is free for those who do not need CEUs. The CEU fee is refundable if cancelled within two days of the event minus the eventbrite fee. Scholarships available for those who live and work in Ottawa county. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a scholarship.