I feel especially good about the work I do each day and having the ability to give back to someone in need.
safe parties for parents
parents: prevent underage drinking
Be aware of factors that may signal a teen’s desire to experiment:
• Significant changes in personality
• Challenges coping with stress or their mental health
• Family history of alcoholism
• Significant changes in friends
• Being secretive
• Activities/ Social transitions that may involve alcohol—proms, homecoming, graduation parties
Provide Supervision when youth are at your house:
• Make sure your youth know your expectations ahead of time.
• Make your presence known. Walk through the area where the youth are gathered and interact with all of them.
• Monitor what is being brought into your home. Check the contents of soda bottles/ glasses, and packages carried in by guests
• Require an RSVP from parents before hosting youth at your home to be sure they know your expectations, details, pick up times, exchange contact information, etc.
• Make expectations and consequences clear to all guests/ party-goers: no alcohol will be provided to minors. Police will be contacted if minors are found to be in possession of alcohol.
Follow CDC guidelines for guest limits and social distancing during COVID-19, and use these tips for how to stay social during social distancing:
keep your parties safe! know the law. set expectations.
Did you know that you can be legally held responsible if minors are caught drinking alcohol on your property, regardless of who provided the alcohol? The law assumes that if you own or otherwise control the property, you knew or should have known that minors were drinking on that property. Depending on the investigation, this can include youth drinking at your house or apartment even if you are not home.
A social gathering isn’t always a large party—in fact, it can be as few as two people!learn more about the law
Arbor Circle has always embraced a diverse workforce, and I love how each individual is accepted and appreciated right where they are in their personal and professional journey.
The support and encouragement from my colleagues and supervisors has been tremendous.This is truly appreciated in our line of work.
Arbor Circle’s greatest strength lies with their incredibly passionate people, and the dynamic relationships shared with clients and co-workers alike. I’m grateful every day for the people I work with, especially for the support we’re able to offer to our clients and to each other.