What I liked most about Arbor Circle is that when I was in need most they were there for me, and helped me stay warm throughout the night when I barely knew them.
safe parties for parents
parents: prevent underage drinking
Be aware of factors that may signal a teen’s desire to experiment:
• Significant changes in personality
• Challenges coping with stress or their mental health
• Family history of alcoholism
• Significant changes in friends
• Being secretive
• Activities/ Social transitions that may involve alcohol—proms, homecoming, graduation parties
Provide Supervision when youth are at your house:
• Make sure your youth know your expectations ahead of time.
• Make your presence known. Walk through the area where the youth are gathered and interact with all of them.
• Monitor what is being brought into your home. Check the contents of soda bottles/ glasses, and packages carried in by guests
• Require an RSVP from parents before hosting youth at your home to be sure they know your expectations, details, pick up times, exchange contact information, etc.
• Make expectations and consequences clear to all guests/ party-goers: no alcohol will be provided to minors. Police will be contacted if minors are found to be in possession of alcohol.
keep your parties safe! know the law. set expectations.
Did you know that you can be legally held responsible if minors are caught drinking alcohol on your property, regardless of who provided the alcohol? The law assumes that if you own or otherwise control the property, you knew or should have known that minors were drinking on that property. Depending on the investigation, this can include youth drinking at your house or apartment even if you are not home.
A social gathering isn’t always a large party—in fact, it can be as few as two people!learn more about the law
We’ve found something wonderful in sharing our lives with foster kids, and we are so glad that Arbor Circle has been there to guide us through it all.
I love that I can be honest and open with every difficult situation I face and receive positive feedback. I always feel welcome and comfortable. My recovery process has been so much easier with the help I receive here.
I like that this program gives me room to grow and learn as a parent and be therapeutic for my child.
The therapists and counselors at Arbor Circle have done an outstanding job at helping me stay focused and actively involved in my recovery.